Post Game Interviews

“We went to Atlanta knowing Life was going to be a huge Challenge for the second game of the year, and because we were going to be starting a number of brand new players against them. Our only outcome goal was to use it as an opportunity to learn, and I think we did that. The improvement from the first half to second half was outstanding and I think once our players got accustomed to the pace and physicality, they performed quite well. It’s a game that will pay dividends in April.” – Johnathan Atkeison, Head Coach

“I am honestly really optimistic about the grow I saw within the game, in the first half there were about 82 points scored (by Life) and in the second-half there were marginally less. I think it goes to show how much our defensive structure grew just in this one game. Life brings a whole host of new challenges due to the fact that they are a varsity program in the D1 Elite Division, so they are a very disciplined, strong and well-conditioned team. This forces some of our new players to raise their skill level, it pushes them and is a game in general that pushes our players both physically and mentally. They have to think dynamically about where we are passing and how we spread on defense, so although the score didn’t come out in our favor, it was still a great developmental opportunity for our team.” – Malia Suhren, Captain